SAVE THE DATE – 2021 WDCSITE Virtual Annual Meeting
The Washington DC Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (WDCSITE) will be holding its 2021 Annual Meeting virtually over two half-days on Wednesday and Thursday, November 17 and 18. Although we are still finalizing the details of our agenda, we are delighted to share with you the general schedule for the event.
- Wednesday, November 17: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday, November 18: 1:00pm-5:00pm
Our keynote speech will be given by Dr. Anthony Saka of Morgan State University and Dr. Stephen Arhin of Howard University, highlighting approaches to addressing modern transportation issues from the perspective of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). We will also have three technical sessions over the course of the two-day event:
- Bus technology roundtable: panel discussion on bus technology modernization programs, moderated by Corey Pitts of Montgomery County DOT. Our panelists include:
- Efon Epanty, Prince George’s County DPWT
- Particia Happ, Northern Virginia Transportation Commission
- TBD, WMATA
- TBD, MDOT MTA
- Equity — a different perspective: Understanding and discussing ways to address transportation equity challenges through the lens of photojournalists, including stories of disadvantaged neighborhoods in Baltimore and Philadelphia. Our speakers will include:
- Local leaders spotlight: Presentations from and discussion with local transportation leaders on major topics of focus in our region
Our Board and Leadership will present our year-in-review, share Section business updates, and transition our 2022 Board. We will also present awards for Project of the Year (POY), student scholarships, and individual honors. Don’t forget to submit your applications for POY and scholarships!
Opportunities will be available to socialize and network throughout the conference with ITE members, colleagues, and other representatives in the transportation industry using interactive virtual platforms. Some social events during the conference may even have opportunities to win prizes! After the conclusion of the 2nd day of sessions, we will host a social hour with online games and additional chances to win prizes.
Be on the lookout for an invitation around early October when registration is anticipated to open, which will include a detailed schedule with information on all of our speakers. We will also share this information on our social media platforms. Please spread the word to your colleagues, professional networks, and others who may be interested in learning more about transportation in our region.
Please reach out to Adam Greenstein for additional information about our Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing you there!