2021 WDCSITE Virtual Annual Conference and Awards Meeting
WDCSITE is delighted to invite you to our 2021 Annual Conference and Awards Meeting. We are continuing this tradition as a virtual event this year, divided into two consecutive days, a half-day each.
Please join your fellow WDCSITE colleagues in celebration of another successful and exciting year of events and accomplishments at our 2021 premiere event. This virtual meeting will include roundtable dialogues, technical presentations, insights on social transportation issues, WDCSITE business updates with a year in review, and presentations of awards and honors.
PDH credits will be offered to all registered attendees. In lieu of speaker gifts, paid registrations will help contribute towards a donation that WDCSITE will make to a local STEM-based non-profit organization.
The agenda below highlights the start and end times for each day along with the order of events. Specific times for each session and login links will be shared with registrants in the coming weeks. This event will be hosted using Microsoft Teams.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2021 — 9:00am-12:00pm
- Opening Remarks
- Keynote Speakers
- Dr. Anthony Saka (Chair — Dept. of Transportation and Urban Infrastructure Studies, Morgan State University)
- Dr. Stephen Arhin (Associate Professor — Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Howard University)
- Award Ceremony
- Individual honors
- Scholarship winners
- Technical Session 1: Equity — Seeing Social Transportation Challenges Through a Different Lens
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021 — 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Project of the Year — Announcement and Technical Presentation
- WDCSITE Business Updates
- Message from the President
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election Results
- Officer Transition
- Incoming President’s Statement
- Technical Session 2: Bus Technology Roundtable
- Moderator: Corey Pitts (BRT Project Manager –Montgomery County DOT)
- Efon Epanty (Chief of Operations, Transit — Prince George’s County DPWT)
- Patricia Happ (Transit Technology Program Manager — Northern Virginia Transportation Commission)
- Michael Helta (Chief Innovation Officer — MDOT MTA)
- Ray Alfred (Director, Technology and Business Operations for Bus Maintenance — WMATA)
- Technical Session 3: Local Leaders Spotlight — How Are Agencies Managing and Adapting to Emerging Transportation Challenges?
- Moderator: Vivek Hariharan (Project Manager — RS&H)
- Susan Shaw (Regional Transportation Program Director, Northern Virginia District — VDOT)
- Bernard Cochran (Acting Director –Charles County DPW)
- Closing Remarks
Please join us for a Social Hour that will begin around 5:15pm with games and opportunities to win prizes. Bring a drink, snack, and even some family and friends!
Breaks will be provided throughout the event. We will share a link to a virtual socialization space using Gather Town, where you can network and collaborate with other attendees in a fun setting!
We look forward to seeing you!