WDCSITE Wins ITE’s First Ever Momentum Award!
In order to recognize a Section that has experienced the greatest momentum or the most improvement in the past year, ITE has instituted a “Momentum Award”. Here is the “A Look Back at WDCSITE in 2019 ” submission by the WDCSITE leadership for this award. Listed below are some of the highlights for our section in Year 2019:
- WDCSITE had an increase of 76% in overall attendance complimented with a 46% increase in the number of meetings
- Increased involvement with the student community with the establishment of a student chapter at Howard University
- Established a scholarship program and awarded two scholarships in 2019
- Established a public agency committee to better engage public sector membership
- Established the “Project of the Year” Award
- Established WDCSITE’s presence on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
- Partnered with other professional organizations in the area including WTS, YPT, ITS Maryland, ASHE, and APA
In recognition of the active participation from our membership along with the creative efforts of the leadership, WDCSITE was awarded the first ever 2020 ITE Momentum Award! Congratulations to our very engaged membership! This would not have been possible without your continued participation, input, and support.