Please join your fellow WDCSITE colleagues as we learn about active transportation trends from DDOT, USDOT and other local jurisdiction staff. We will start at the DDOT offices (55 M Street, SE, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20003) on Wednesday, June 4th at 4:00 PM, and then head to the Nationals’ game against the Phillies that evening.
We expect to offer 1.5 PDH for this event.
*NEW* We are accepting credit cards online through PayPal for this event. If you choose to pay online, you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you’ll have to sign in to PayPal or create an account to pay. This is our first time offering the online payment option, and we want it to be easy for you. We welcome your feedback to improve the process for future events.
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM – Registration and Networking
4:30 PM – 6:00 PM – Presentations:
1. Darren Buck, District Department of Transportation: “A Snapshot of Capital Bikeshare TravelBehavior”
2. Daniel Goodman and Barbara McCann, United States Department of Transportation: “FHWA’s ongoing and upcoming pedestrian and bicycle initiatives”
3. Kate Sylvester Roche, Maryland DOT: “Bicycle and Pedestrian Initiatives at the Maryland DOT”
6:00 PM – 10:00 PM – Walk to the Nationals Stadium to watch the Nationals take on the Phillies.
- You are welcome to get dinner at the stadium, or one of the many restaurants in the Navy Yard neighborhood. We will have light snacks available during registration from 4:00 to 4:30 PM.
- We are using PayPal to process online payments for this event. You are welcome to pay for the technical presentations at the door, but we are only allowing Nationals game tickets for the WDCSITE block to be purchased through PayPal. You are welcome to purchase your own tickets directly through the Nationals, but we cannot guarantee seats will be available in the WDCSITE block.
- Please wear comfortable attire for the baseball game. Nationals’ gear is encouraged!
If you have questions, please contact Alek Pochowski, WDCSITE Washington D.C. Area Director (703-885-8970)