Mid-Colonial District ITE Webinar: ITE Councils and Committees – How to Get Involved
Councils and Committees are the “technical engine” of ITE, producing the dozens of Recommended Practices and Informational Reports that make our organization the go-to source for transportation resources. These groups are run by volunteer members. Yet many ITE members don’t know much about how Councils (and Committees, which operate within Councils) operate. Here are two opportunities to learn more:
1. Join a Mid-Colonial District webinar on Monday, August 17 from 10:00-10:45 am. International Director Jeff Riegner and Coordinating Council Vice Chair Eric Rensel will provide an introduction to how Councils and Committees work and answer your questions, such as:
- What is a Council, anyway?
- What do they do?
- Are there ways for me to get involved?
- I’m interested in (topic X). How do I find which Council or Committee is involved with that?
Upon registering using the link below, you will receive a link to the GoToMeeting to join the webinar.
2. Give a Council or Committee meeting a try. As part of ITE’s International Annual Meeting, there is a full range of Council and Committee meetings taking place from August 18-20. These are available to all members, and no registration fee is needed. Every one of these groups is happy to have folks drop in to listen to what’s going on and learn more about the group. Many have “bite-sized” volunteering opportunities that you can try without a long-term commitment. If you do stop by one or more of these meetings, Please email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know which you attended and whether you intend to get involved.
Please let Adam Greenstein or Jeff Riegner know if you have any questions. Adam can be reached at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing lots of WDCSITE members taking advantage of this opportunity to share your time and expertise with ITE!