Please join your ITE colleagues for an afternoon technical meeting focused on pedestrian safety. The goal of this event is to highlight topics in pedestrian safety being discussed within the Maryland Strategic Highway Safety Plan’s Pedestrian/Bicycle Emphasis Area Team (MD SHSP PBEAT). ITE headquarters has been working in coordination with PBEAT, as well as, other professional organizations such as the American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE) and the Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT) to develop a Professional Enrichment Program on pedestrian and bicycle safety for transportation professionals in our region.
We hope to officially kick off this program in partnership with these organizations and the Maryland Highway Safety Office (MHSO) later in 2019. This will serve as the first event in of the program. Your attendance and participation will be highly valued in shaping the conversation on pedestrian safety and how it is discussed in the training series.
We will hold a happy hour at Amber (900 E. Fort Ave.) after the meeting, so please join everyone after the technical portion of the event. If you cannot make the technical meeting, please join us for the happy hour to continue the discussion and network.
PDHs will be offered for attendance at the technical meeting.
AGENDA – February 5, 2019
- 2:00-2:15pm: Registration and Networking
- 2:15-3:00pm: Presentations on Pedestrian Safety Topics
- Anyesha Mookherjee – Deputy Director, MDOT SHA Office of Traffic and Safety
- Paul Silberman – Practice Leader for Transportation Planning, Sabra and Associates
- Eric Sideras – Senior Planning Specialist, Montgomery County DOT
- 3:00-3:15pm: Break
- 3:15-4:00pm: Panel Discussion
- Moderator: Dustin Kuzan
- Focus Topic: MDOT SHA’s Pedestrian Safety Treatments – Best Practice Guidelines
- 4:30: Happy Hour at Amber (900 E. Fort Avenue)
- Public Agency, Student, Retired: FREE
- Private Sector ITE Member: $20
- Private Sector Non-ITE Member: $25
Transit and Parking:
BMC and Amber can be accessed by MTA bus routes 71 and 94, in addition to the Charm City Circulator “Banner” Route.
Parking is available in the garage adjacent to BMC – please make sure to park in visitor-designated spots. Street parking is also available in the vicinity.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Greenstein (410-246-3843; email@example.com) for further details. We look forward to seeing you!