WDCSITE Awards Program
The Section initiated an awards program in 1983 to recognize outstanding contributions of local professionals to the community, the profession, and the Section. The qualifications for the various awards are described below and past recipients listed.
Morris J. Rothenberg Past President’s Award
Candidates should be:
- a Section member in good standing,
- a past or currently active member of Section committees,
- an officer or former officer of ITE at the Section, District, or International level, and
- one who has demonstrated continuing interest in Section activities.
Amy Polk Young Engineer of the Year Award
Candidates should be:
- less than 35 years of age,
- a current member of the Section in good standing, and
- a Section officer or active committee member.
- have been a Section member in good standing for at least ten years,
- be an active or past member of Section committees,
- have a history of regular attendance at Section meetings,
- participate in Section activities other than formal committees or elected offices, and
- be otherwise unrecognized for his or her contributions to the Section.
Transportation Service Award
This award is intended to honor those members of the Section who have made outstanding contributions to the profession. Candidates must:
- be a current active member in good standing,
- have made a significant contribution to the transportation or traffic engineering profession through active service over a ten-year period with a public agency, private company, or college/university in the Section area, or
- have made a significant contribution to the transportation or traffic profession through a single unusual or outstanding act to advance the traffic, transportation, or educational programs within the Section area.
Community Transportation Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize those who have made outstanding contributions to transportation systems in the area. Nominees:
- may be either a member or non-member of ITE,
- must have made a significant contribution to transportation in the Section area through long term work with a public agency or private company involved in traffic operations, or
- must have made a significant contribution to transportation in the Section area through a single unusual or outstanding act.
|Year||Past Presidents||Young Engineer||Appreciation||Transportation Service||Community Transportation|
|2018||Alek Pochowski||Burak Cesme||Katherine Falk||Abi Lerner||Ron Milone|
|2017||John Rectanus||Vivek Hariharan||Dan Goldfarb||Kris Jagarapu||Graham Young|
|2016||Krishna C. Patnam||Alek Pochowski||Thomas J. Hannan||James D. Schroll||Paul J. Wiedefeld|
|2015||Jerry Baxter||Seth Young||David Kline||Randy Dittberner||Bob Marbourg|
|2014||Brandon Nevers||Krishna Patnam||Owen Curtis||Stephen Weber||Diane Schwarzman|
|2013||Dan Goldfarb||Selman Altun||Lewis Grimm||Kevin Newton||James R. Sebastian|
|2012||Josh Smith||John Rectanus||Hugh McGee||Thomas Hicks||Dennis Leach|
|2011||Tim Ryan||Dante Perez-Bravo||Phil Shapiro||Richard Hawthorne||Mike Niederhauser|
|2010||Abi Lerner/Roxane Mukai||Ybette M. Ochoa||Douglas E. Noble||William McGuirk||Thomas P. Biesiadny|
|2009||Paul Silberman||Gerard Baxter||Roxane Y. Mukai||John Halkias||Morteza Tadayon/ Nick Nicholson|
|2008||Emil Wolanin||----||Tim Ryan||Richard Retting||Michael Dresser|
|2007||Stephanie Yanovitz||Jawad Paracha||Rob Prunty||Terry Bellamy||Edgar Gonzalez|
|2006||Bala Akundi||Brandon Nevers||Abi Lerner||Robert D. Douglass||George Branyan|
|2005||Ed Papazian||Josh Smith||Matt Allen||John Mason||Phil Tarnoff|
|2004||Daniel K. Hardy||Paul Silberman||Barbara J. Hoage||John W. Erdman||Ernest Hucaby|
|2003||Jeffrey F. Paniati||Matthew J. Allen||Matthew T. Storck||Eric P. Tabacek||Woodrow Hood III|
|2002||Katherine W. Falk||Amy Ellen Polk||Michael Kinney||R. F. Kirby/M. Miller||Barbara W. Beckett|
|2001||Maureen T. Decker||Stephanie Yanovitz||Patricia Timbrook||Ronald C. Welke||Bill Bronrott|
|2000||Norine M. Walker||Bala Akundi||Ziad A. Sabra||Scott Wainwright||George Frangos|
|1999||James D. Schroll||Gregory L. Giering||Joerg “Nu” Rosenbohm||Patrick T. DeCorla-Souza||Ron Shaffer|
|1998||Carlton C. Robinson||Roxane Y. Mukai||Steven E. Weber||Milton H. Heywood||Joseph Cutro|
|1997||Everett C. Carter||Katherine W. Falk||Jeffrey P. Arch||Hugh W. McGee||C. E. Walter|
|1996||Gary W. Euler||Daniel K. Hardy||Lynda Donaldson||Gene S. Donaldson||Gary Burch|
|1995||W. E. Baumgaertner||Paul A. Pisano||James W. Holls||Robert E. Spicher||Mammen Daniel|
|1994||Thomas J. Hannon||Daniel S. Walsh||Daniel G. Morgan||R. Clarke Bennett||Jack Kinstlinger|
|1993||Morris J. Rothenberg||Shawn Sabanayagam||Charles C. Liu||Marshall Jacks||Ronald Kirby|
|1992||Hugh W. McGee||Norine M. Walker||Edward Y. Papazian||Stephen A. Petersen||Neil J. Pedersen|
|1991||John C. Allen||James W. Holls||Richard A. Cunard||Thomas W. Brahms||Thomas Hicks|
|1990||Ronald C. Welke||Jeffrey E. Randall||John A. Boling||Mark R. Norman||Robert McGarry|
|1989||Scott Wainwright||Jeffrey F. Paniati||Gary Minutes||Carlton C. Robinson||Walt Starling|
|1988||John Erdman||Jeff Lindley||Ken Opiela||David Witheford||George Schoener|
|1987||Hugo "Bud" Liem||Gary W. Euler||---||Woodrow W. Rankin||Hal Kassoff|
|1986||R. Clarke Bennett||Timothy A. Ryan||Gerald C. Wendt||Morris J. Rothenberg||Jim Conway|
|1985||Eugene J. Clifford||Davey Warren||Seward Cross/Otto Stegeer||Howie Bissell/Jack Kay||Dick Kahl|
|1984||James Foley||Kevin Hooper||Manu Shah/Nate Avin||Everett Carter||---|
|1983||Anthony J. Kanz||Thomas J. Hannan, Jr.||James Schroll||Bill Davis||Tom Downs|
WDCSITE Scholarship Program
Washington DC Section Institute of Transportation Engineers (WDCSITE) has been serving the Transportation Engineers and Planners in DC metro region for many years. We have brought professional together in various events to exchange ideas and create synergy within the field. In addition, we have shown our commitment to the student community by making all of our events/meetings free to students to encourage interaction between the student community and transportation professionals. WDCSITE has also organized events such as resume workshop, career counselling etc., at various university campus to engage the students.
Starting this year, we are taking our commitment to students to the next level by presenting an annual student scholarship. This scholarship is aimed to recognize students for their hard work while encouraging them to fulfill their course work Transportation Engineering/Planning and pursue a career in the field of transportation. This scholarship in intended to appreciate and provide financial support to students who have demonstrated extraordinary interest in the transportation field. The scholarship will be provided to two undergraduate or graduate students in the amount of $500 each.
Please click the following links to see the application and all of the details.
Submission Deadline: September 16, 2019.