A group of bicycle experts in various disciplines led a fun and informative bike ride around the BWI Trail under gorgeous weather conditions. The group stopped at several points to highlight nearby relevant transportation and other public facilities, such as state MDOT TSO and MDOT SHA employment centers, and multimodal transportation facilities, including the BWI MARC/Amtrak station, MDOT MTA light rail, state- and county-maintained roadways, other bicycle/pedestrian facilities, public schools, and, of course, BWI Airport.
Other topics covered included:
- Bike parking at rail stations
- Maryland’s SHSP and BRTB pedestrian/bicycle safety programs
- Connections from the BWI Trail to other regional bike facilities and the trail’s role within longer multi-state bicycle trails
- Pedestrian/bicycle facility access to schools
- Pedestrian/bicycle safety training opportunities
Many of the participants stayed after the ride for a picnic lunch to continue discussing multimodal topics relevant in the Baltimore and DC regions.