WDCSITE and Virginia SimCap are delighted to invite you to the 2020 Annual Virginia and Washington DC Joint SimCap Meeting at TRB. You will be spending an evening with coffee and light refreshments, discussing and listening to – interesting array of presentations around hot topics like Connected and Automated Vehicles, Data Driven decision making in the context of Emerging Technology, Agency Guidance for Analysis, etc. Presenters would include representatives from VDOT, FHWA, and Verizon.
When: Tuesday, January 14, 2020; 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: Marriott Marquis Washington, University of DC (M1)
901 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
PDH: 2 PDHs will be available to attendees that register.
Food / Refreshment: Refreshment and coffee/tea will be served during this event.
- Registration and Networking (6:00 PM – 6:30 PM)
Program starts at 6:30 PM
- Welcome and ITE Section Updates; Sanhita Lahiri, VDOT/ Dave Petrucci, FHWA /WDCSITE and VASITE representatives
- FHWA Updates; Rachel James, FHWA
- TOSAM Updates; Sanhita Lahiri, VDOT
- DSS for Regional Multi Modal Mobility Program in Northern Virginia; Kevin Miller, Kapsch
Break with Coffee and Light Refreshments (7:30 PM – 7:50 PM)
- VDOT VISSIM User’s Guide and Lessons Learned from Updates; Britton Hammit and Jiaxin Tong, Kimley-Horn
- Car-following Characteristics of Adaptive Cruise Control from Empirical Data; Noah Goodall, Virginia Transportation Research Council
- FHWA Toolbox; Zhitong Huang, Leidos
- Verizon 5G in Smart Cities and Autonomous Vehicles; TBD, Verizon
Meeting Adjourn – 9:00 PM
- Presenter / Public Sector / Student / Retired: Free
- Private-sector ITE Member: $20
- Private-sector Non-ITE Member: $30
- General meeting questions & Technical Agenda – Sanhita Lahiri (VDOT) or George Lu (Jacobs)
- Registration – Jiaxin Tong (Kimley-Horn) or Burak Cesme (Kittelson)
- Venue and PDH – George Lu (Jacobs)