2018 BWI Area Picnic and Panel
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018; 12:00PM to 2:30 PM
Location: Thomas A Dixon, Jr., Aircraft Observation Area
1911 Dorsey Road
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Please join your fellow WDCSITE colleagues for a lunchtime discussion on current state and local transportation initiatives on Thursday, May 31, 2018. The meeting will include a picnic-style lunch with a panel discussion including some of the most engaging minds from MDOT, its Transportation Business Units (TBUs), and local transportation agencies.
It is anticipated that PDH credit(s) will be available. Payment will be taken electronically only (through Paypal portal).
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM – Registration, Lunch, and Networking
- 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM – Panel Discussion with Q&A
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Networking
- Agency/department updates on current major initiatives and how they are taking a multi-modal and inter-modal approach – discussion on how they integrate with MDOT’s overarching goals and how the TBUs and local jurisdictions are approaching them
- Anyesha Mookherjee – Deputy Director, SHA Office of Traffic and Safety
- Bradley Smith – Director, MDOT Office of Freight and Multimodalism
- Thomas Jacobs – Director, UMD Center for Advanced Transportation Technology
- Holly Arnold, Director, MTA Office of Planning and Programming
- Tanya Asman, Pedestrian and Bicycle Coordinator, Anne Arundel County Office of Transportation
- MAA Representative – TBD
- MVA Representative – TBD
- Public Sector/Retired: FREE
- Private Sector ITE Member: $10.00
- Private Sector Non-ITE Member: $15.00
- Full-time Students are FREE
- Lawn chair – there is no organized seating on site; if you do not have one, please contact Adam Greenstein.
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and bug spray
Inclement Weather Plan:
In the case of inclement weather, a notification will be sent to registrants by 5:00PM on Wednesday May 30 that the event will be held at an indoor location That location is:
Howard County Department of Public Works
Thomas Dorsey Building
Conference Room A
9250 Bendix Road
Columbia, MD 21045
Please click on the link below to register for the 2018 BWI Area Picnic and Panel.
Should you have any questions, please contact Adam Greenstein (410-246-3843) for further details.